COVID-19 Statement – Summer Camp
Hello Countryside Camp Friends and Families,
We hope you and your families are healthy and safe at home.
We have received emails and phone calls from some of you asking if we will be running summer camp this year. Despite the current COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted you to know that we are still planning to run all of our summer camp programs as planned. We are continuing to monitor this rapidly changing situation closely but we wanted to update you with some registration and cancellation details.
- Currently Registered: If you are currently register for Camp Shalom this summer and would like to cancel your registration, our regular cancellation policy is still in effect and we will refund your camp fees less a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Payment Plans: If you have registered for camp and have a payment plan you would like to change, please email Kim at email@example.com.
- Intending to Register: If you are interested in signing your children up for camp, you are still welcome to do so. We recommend registering with a $100 deposit and signing up with the payment plan. Payment plan is available for Kid’s Camp only.
Staff and Finances
As of right now, our office will be closed to visitors as directed by the Government of Ontario. Our staff team will be working from home but can still be reached by email or phone. Please allow a slightly longer than normal response time.
Financially, Countryside Camp is feeling the impact of the current economic pressures, as I am sure many of you are. We have had to cancel our spring guest groups which equal a revenue of approximately $125,000. Please pray for wisdom as we face the uncertain months ahead. We know many of you are also experiencing financial challenges; if you are able to continue to partner with us in prayer or financially, we deeply appreciate it.
In preparation for this coming summer we have already planned additional screening and health measures to ensure campers and guests are safe while at camp.
- Check-in: Campers will be screened during check-in using an ear thermometer and asked a health history questionnaire. Campers who are symptomatic or have traveled to areas with high incidences of COVID-19 will be asked to stay home
- During Camp: Additional mandatory hand washing times will be added to the camp schedule.
- Cleanliness: Our standard cleaning process for our kitchens, meeting rooms, bedroom, and washrooms includes sanitizing all surfaces including door handles and common surfaces. We maintain the highest health and food service standards in the operation of all three of our board of health inspected kitchens.
Another Life-Changing Summer
In this time of social isolation we want to continue to stay connected to you and your children. You can follow us on social media – Facebook and Instagram. We are currently running a #thankfulness contest. Go check it out! We are praying for God’s mercy to bring an end to the spread of the virus and to bring healing to all who are suffering.
Camp has been life-changing for so many people. For some people, camp is a spiritual anchor to stay grounded in their faith, to have fun, to grow in self-confidence and to make great friends. For some parents and caregivers, camp is that time once a year when they can take a breath, relax and know that their child or client is safe, cared for and having the time of their lives.
We anticipate this summer to be no different.
Thank you for your continued partnership. We appreciate each of our camp families and supporters.
Region of Waterloo Public Health webpage:
Ontario Ministry of Health webpage:
Public Health Agency of Canada webpage: