COVID-19 Statement – Rentals
Sept 24th, 2020
WE ARE OPEN!
Dear group leader,
Thank you for choosing Countryside Camp and Conference Centre for your group experience this fall. We look forward to serving you in the coming weeks!
As you prepare to come to Camp, we recognize that you may have questions and concerns about Coronavirus COVID-19. Please review the Waterloo Region restrictions and guidelines to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at camp.
Due to a current Waterloo Region Mandate, https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/face-covering-by-law.aspx; guests and team members are required to wear a mask indoors and when social distancing is not possible outdoors. Indoor and outdoor capacities seem to be changing weekly. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 individuals. Although up to 50 individuals are permitted to meet indoors, our capacities at camp will be less due to the square footage of the meeting and bedroom spaces available. Our current occupancy for dinning, meeting spaces and bedrooms has been calculated and is posted in each building: Centre Hall capacity is now 32 individuals; Drost Lodge capacity is now 20; Shalom House capacity is now 6, and the sleeping capacity of Spruce Lodge is 8.
In addition to masks, traceability is a regional requirement. To achieve full compliance and for the protection of all staff and guests, the following guidelines are in effect and may continue to evolve as more information becomes available.
- As a group leader, you will be required:
- to have each of your retreat attendees complete a waiver and register their attendance,
- to pre-screen your attendees, https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/,
Everyone in your group should meet all of the following criteria:
- Guest has not traveled outside of Ontario within 14 days of their planned arrival at Countryside Camp.
- Guest has not tested positive for COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case without wearing appropriate PPE.
- Guest does not have any of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/abdominal pain, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause.
We are committed to the health and safety of all our guests and staff. By implementing best practices in cleaning, sanitizing, and hygiene we look forward to providing you with an even cleaner stay.
Here are just a few of the key features of our housekeeping program:
- We are increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities. We ask that you integrate regular hand washing and hand sanitization routines into multiple points during the day.
- We have an increased frequency and focused cleaning, disinfection and sanitation of high-touch and high-traffic areas (e.g., handrails, doorknobs, washrooms, etc.).
- We use the High-quality HEPA air filters to eliminate pollutants, and kill 99% of viruses & germs, allergens, smoke, dust, odor, pollen, and dander in all our make-up air systems throughout the facility so you can breathe easier.
- We secure each building after sanitation for 72 hours and only offer same building rentals on an alternate week interval.
In-House Food Service or use of our Kitchens
As noted above, we are committed to the health and safety of all our guests and staff. Countryside Camp and Conference Centre offers to groups two options for meal preparation during your stay with us.
- In-House catering Food Service; where our highly trained certified staff will provide you with an appropriate meal plan suitable for your retreat size and tastes.
- Self-catering Food Service; where rental ministry group coordinators are responsible for the meal planning, preparation, and delivery for your entire group. As the occupancy capacities of each facility has been reduced the kitchens will also reflect a deduction in needed food service equipment, cookware, flatware, dishes, glasses, cups, and serving utensils There is an additional fee for using our kitchens when choosing the self-catering food service option.
- Here are the new food service capacities:
- Centre Hall – 40
- Drost Lodge – 20
- Shalom House – 6
We look forward to welcoming your group to Countryside Camp and Conference Centre this spring! Thank you so much for choosing us. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or if you have any questions or go to our website www.countrysidecamp.com.
Ontario’s response to COVIC-19
Kim Higgins Tim Partridge
Office Manager Managing Director