New reduced fees for kid’s camp! Camp Shalom continues to be dedicated to keeping the fees for camp as low as possible. We do this by fundraising around 1/3 of the actual cost of camp. New this year… for years we offered one week of Adventure Camp at a lower cost, now instead of only have one week of one program that is cheaper, all of our weeks and programs are cheaper. We never want finances to to be a barrier to kids having the life-changing experience of camp.
“Camp Shalom” is a Christian youth summer camp offering both kids camps and special needs camps. For over 40 years Camp Shalom has been a meeting place for friends and family to have fun and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. As the summer camp ministry of Countryside Camp and Conference Centre, Camp Shalom strives to provide campers and special support guests with fun and educational programming in a safe, accepting and, above all, Christ-centered environment.
Our summer camp staff members are hired based on their spiritual testimony, demonstrated life experience and current qualifications. Through a two-week intensive training period, our summer camp staff will be sure to show quality in character, morality in decision-making and Biblical understanding in teaching.
Summer camp has always been a place that makes lasting impacts on the people who visit. Memories are made that last a lifetime, friends are made who you meet here every year, new skills are learned that change the way you live, and great counsellors are met who lead by example. At Camp Shalom we value every single person who comes through our gates, we pray for our campers by name and trust that God is present here and is at work in each person’s life.Book a Private Tour
Not sure that camp is right for you? We would be happy to give you a private tour and answer any questions you may have.
1) “The staff are always wonderful there!! He comes home talking about going back next year already. My son is always so positive about his experience there and this has not been the case in other camps.”
2) “Proximity to home, price, availability, activities.”
3) “It’s fairly close to home and as all my children have been going there for years, its the only place they continuously ask to go back to, even with other alternatives offered. They love the staff and friends made over the years and really feel connected to God while their away at camp. It gives them a sense of belonging.”
4) “I have heard and experienced first hand the wonderful supportive Christian staff.”
5) “I really like the Christian values. Also I feel that my child is in a safe environment. The staff each year are exceptional!”
6) “We want him to learn and participate in Christian values. To make friends with Christian people. We have always had success with you and feel that the leaders are well trained.”
7) “I don’t really trust other camps with her. She is always so happy to go (even though last year for one week and this year both weeks, it rained 90% of the time). She still loved it and had a great time. I’m very appreciative of that knowledge.”
8) “I was looking for a summer camp for my daughter. My sister-in-law told me this was a great place, it was in a safe environment, and everyone had a fun time learning about God.”
9) “The staff are caring there. He loves it and talks about it all year to anyone who will listen. I feel secure that he is not just one of a crowd but an individual whose needs are being considered and met. Your staff are amazing.”
10) “Because of the high standards for Christian values in the staff.”
1. REGISTRATION FORMS: Received on a first-come, first-served basis. Send registration forms, fees and self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
1985 Beke Rd. RR 4,
Cambridge, ON N1R 5S5
Or register online.
2. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be made by phoning the office. There is a $50 fee for cancellations made before May 15th and 50% fee for cancellations made after May 15th.
3. CABIN MATES: Great effort is made to honour requests for cabin mates of the same age or grade. The request must be mutual, and both parties must return paper applications TOGETHER in the same envelope by April 15. No more than (2) will be accepted together and there are NO GUARANTEES for placement.
4. REGISTRATION NIGHT: All parents/guardians and campers/guests are invited to join staff and volunteers for an opening worship service on Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. Campers may NOT register before 6:45 p.m. Join staff and volunteers for an opening worship service on Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. Campers may NOT register before 6:45 p.m. There will be no Sunday Service during Special Needs weeks. Registration will be between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
5. MEDICATIONS: All medications must be brought in original labeled containers or blister packs (blister packs can be made up by your local pharmacist free, or for a small fee, depending on your pharmacist). Any medications not received in original labeled containers or blister packs will not be accepted or administered. *There are no exceptions.
6. LICE CHECK: Lice check during registration is mandatory for every camper and will take place before the camper’s ride has left camp property. If a camper is found to have any lice or nits, he/she will be sent home immediately for treatment. Fees will not be refunded.
7. SMOKING: is not permitted on camp property.
8. FINANCIAL AID: if financial aid is required, please call the office at 1-888-226-7722 or email Tim at email@example.com.
For more information about camp you may want to see our FAQs page.